Greg Owens is the Owner of McCarthy Painting, a company that specializes in serving commercial and residential spaces in the San Francisco Bay Area. McCarthy Painting was founded in 1969 and has since worked with influential companies like Google, Autodesk, FirstBank, Abercrombie & Fitch, SPIN, FICO, and many more. Greg is also the Host of Watching Paint Dry, a podcast that features top facility managers, property managers, and property owners to discuss the challenges and opportunities of managing and beautifying their real estate.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Greg Owens talks about his process for tracking all aspects of a project
- Chad Gill and Greg discuss the benefits of Verne Harnish’s incentive plans
- The obstacles of growing a million-dollar business — and what Greg and Chad learned from other entrepreneurs
- How Chad went from engineering to creating a concrete company
- Why Greg decided to drop out of high school and pursue painting work
- Greg details his path to becoming the Owner of McCarthy Painting
- What are the biggest challenges Greg is facing with business leadership today?
- The book that helps business owners set expectations with clients
In this episode…
What can entrepreneurs, leaders, and business owners learn from one another?
No matter the industry, everyone faces challenges in their career. On the positive side, this means that somewhere along the way, another person has most likely overcome the same obstacles you’re facing today. As members of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization, Greg Owens and Chad Gill have found support in a community of businesspeople. They’ve learned the importance of implementing change, following the potential of your business, and communicating across all levels. Now, they’re sharing their insights with you!
In this episode of Get the Intel, Chad Gill is joined by Greg Owens, the Owner of McCarthy Painting, to talk about their entrepreneurial journeys. Together, they discuss how to go about implementing change, their strategies for leading a company, and the lessons they learned from other entrepreneurs. Stay tuned to hear the full story!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Chad Gill on LinkedIn
- Workforce Recon
- Greg Owens on LinkedIn
- McCarthy Painting
- Watching Paint Dry
- Verne Harnish on This is Concrete
- Marcus Sheridan on This is Concrete
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization
- Strategic Coach®
- John Corcoran on LinkedIn
- They Ask You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today’s Digital Consumer by Marcus Sheridan
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Concreate.
Concreate is a custom concrete flooring company that delivers polishing, staining, and more for both commercial and residential projects.
Our passionate team helps designers, architects, tradesmen, business owners, and homeowners transform plain concrete surfaces into clean, distinctive, and enduring masterpieces.
Whether you are a large-scale hospitality company like Marriott, an Amazon warehouse, or one of our many residential customers, we want to help you create an affordable and stylish surface.
So, what are you waiting for?