Verne Harnish is the Founder and CEO of Scaling Up, a global executive education and coaching company with over 180 partners on six continents. Verne chairs the annual ScaleUp Summits and holds positions on several boards, including Chair of the Riordan Clinic, Co-founder and Chair of Geoversity, and Board Member of the Million Dollar Women community.
Verne is also the Founder of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO), a peer-to-peer network for entrepreneurs with over 14,000 members worldwide. Additionally, he is a keynote speaker and the author of multiple best-sellers, including Mastering the Rockefeller Habits and Scaling Up — which has been translated into 23 languages and won eight major international book awards.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Verne Harnish explains why compensation is so hard to get right
- How to gamify your compensation system
- The successful compensation methods of various companies
- Verne’s tips for compensating both in-house employees and subcontractors
- The importance of finding common ground and building trust with employees
- Some of the valuable lessons featured in the Scaling Up Compensation book
- Verne discusses how to set employees up for success
In this episode…
For many businesses, compensation is one of the hardest components to get right. So, how can you transform your approach to compensation and start setting your employees up for success?
According to Verne Harnish, the best way to transform your compensation system is to start thinking outside of the box. Verne suggests moving away from traditional methods and implementing new, engaging strategies — like gamifying your compensation plan. Everyone wants to win, and it’s up to you to help your team members achieve personal and professional wins that keep them moving in the right direction.
In this episode of Get the Intel, Chad Gill is joined by Verne Harnish, the Founder and CEO of Scaling Up, to discuss his expert strategies for improving your compensation plan. Verne shares tried-and-true techniques for incentivizing both employees and customers. He also gives an inside look at his book, Scaling Up Compensation, and explains how to build trust with your team. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Chad Gill on LinkedIn
- Workforce Recon
- Verne Harnish on LinkedIn
- Scaling Up
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization
- Scaling Up Compensation: 5 Design Principles for Turning Your Largest Expense into a Strategic Advantage by Verne Harnish and Sebastian Ross
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- “How to Create the Best Incentive Plan for Your Company” with Tom Bouwer on This is Concrete
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Concreate.
Concreate is a custom concrete flooring company that delivers polishing, staining, and more for both commercial and residential projects.
Our passionate team helps designers, architects, tradesmen, business owners, and homeowners transform plain concrete surfaces into clean, distinctive, and enduring masterpieces.
Whether you are a large-scale hospitality company like Marriott, an Amazon warehouse, or one of our many residential customers, we want to help you create an affordable and stylish surface.
So, what are you waiting for?